BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 8, 2010

About Mustard Seed Communities in Spanish Town

Today I went to visit the Mustard Seed Communities in Spanish Town.  I will say on the record that I think that Mustard Seed is doing a wonderful job helping to take care of  children that other wise may have been left on the streets or neglected. Before I contacted  Mustard Seed I was calling around to see who could use my help and most organizations seem to have a specific amount of money even for you to visit.


I contacted one place that wanted a minimum of 2,000 ( US ) Just to come in visit. Please don't get me wrong because I understand that different organizations have different ways of getting donations to take care of their basic needs but to me I thought that was a little unrealistic to expect everyone to have that kind of money. Mustard Seed didn't ask for a dime and opened up their Community to us.


As of today they have 171 children orphans that either have HIV, AIDS, disabilities or have just been abandoned. It would be impossible from them to take care of all the children without help from people kind enough to make donations. I would also like to share that they offer programs where groups can come and stay for a week. I think that is a great opportunity to get to know what Mustard Seed Communities is all about and why everybody needs to support what they are doing.


They also allow you to become a foster parent from abroad. That means that when you come back to visit Jamaica you can stay at their Community and spend time with your foster child. You are also allowed to take them out places such as the beach,parks,etc...Today was just a reminder that I am doing the right thing and that it is ok to start off small and grow.


I also have made great progress towards my own organization and should have all my paperwork filed by the end of the month.




























For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude



1 comments:

Jamaica My Way said...

I've been thinking about this since I read it the first time, a couple months ago. I brought it up to my mother today. I think it`s awesome they let people come and stay and spend actual time with their sponsored child. I`m currently a World Vision sponsor and it`s just not that simple with them.

I`m gonna contact this Mustard Seed and see what I can do. Also going to provide this link on my forum.